Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Inspiration!

Two years ago today, part of my inspiration left this world, but he will always be in my heart. Two years ago, he closed his eyes and crossed over to his eternal reward. He died of complications of being old, that being one of the major causes of death for elderly people.

Born in 1921, he lived through the depression, World War II, serving with honor in the European theater during World War II. He came home to his child bride, started a family, and spent the next 65 or so years setting the best example a parent could possibly set. He worked hard, played hard, worshiped fervently, and loved his wife and family unconditionally.

From my earliest memories, I saw him as a benevolent patron of the arts, from the beginning bragging on my little artistic endeavors - making me want to do better and better. He was a extraordinary doodler and I still have in my possession some of his absentminded doodles. They are, to me, reminders of the great love he had for us all. He was never idle for a minute (the idle mind is the devil's workshop). He always had at least a pen and even the tiniest scrap of paper to fill with his doodles.


Leslie Wade Tyler
July 25, 1921-September 27, 2009



No comments: